These unusual plants will grow colorful flowers that actually look like brains! In Victorian times, Brain Plants represented silliness, humor, and warmth. The Brain Plants will sprout quickly and will last for years. Your Brain Plants prefer to be watered with warm water and will begin to form little brains in as little as two months! Safe for ages 4 and up!
1. Pour soil into terra-cotta planter
2. Add one or two tablespoons of water, and blend with soil until saturated
3. Press soil smooth
4. Press seeds on top of soil
5. Add about ½ tablespoon of water
6. Screw clear terrarium lid into place
7. Place on windowsill
8. Your Brain Plants will start sprouting in about two weeks.
9. The brain flowers will begin to form in about two months
10. Put the plant in a southern or western exposure to increase the color of the brain-like flowers.
11. If you remove the top, be sure to keep the plant moist.
Brain Plants are very colorful, interesting plants with stems that are unusually red and brain-like flowers that form when the plant is very young. They like direct light and can thrive in almost any soil; they do not like strong wind or cold weather. They must be transplanted carefully as they do not like their roots disturbed. Over-watering will cause the plants to rot at the crown, so be sure to let the soil dry between waterings.