The included cacti will sprout quickly and last for years! There are four types of cacti seed in this deluxe kit, including the Giant Saguaro, Golden Barrel, Organ Pipe Cactus, and the Fishhook Barrel Cactus! These fascinating plants were introduced to the European world by Christopher Columbus and are still used today for food, drink, medicine, sealant, building materials, and toys. Your Dusty Desert Cacti will sprout in about 5 days and will last for years in the included terrarium! Safe for ages 4 and up!
1. Pour soil into terra-cotta planter
2. Add one tablespoon of water, and blend with soil
3. Press soil smooth
4. Place seeds on top of soil
5. Add about ½ tablespoon of water
6. Screw clear terrarium lid on place
7. Place on windowsill
8. Your cacti will start sprouting in about a week
9. Put the plant in a southern or western exposure to increase growth
10. If you remove the top, be sure to water at least once every month. If you want increased growth for your plants, water them more, but let them dry out between waterings.
Fossil evidence suggests that cacti have been part of the human diet for more than 9,000 years. The first cacti were introduced to Europeans by Christopher Columbus in the mid-15th century. Your cacti require bright light and/or direct sunlight to thrive indoors. Younger plants cannot handle direct sunlight outside until they are a few years old.