Grow your own Lobelia flowers from seed with this new micro-terrarium! Lobelia, also known as the Cardinal Flower, has trailing foliage that grows about 5 inches high and produces beautiful, deep blue flowers.
This lovely plant is known to attract hummingbirds and believed to attract good fairies to the garden. This plant is easy to grow, and is safe for ages 4 and up!
1. Pour soil into terra-cotta planter
2. Add one or two tablespoons of water, and blend with soil until saturated
3. Press soil smooth
4. Sprinkle the seeds on top of the soil
5. Add about ½ tablespoon of water if necessary
6. Screw clear terrarium lid on place
7. Place on windowsill
8. Your Fairies' Favorite Flower will start sprouting in one to two weeks
9. Place the egg terrarium in a southern or eastern exposure
10. After removing the top, be sure to keep the plant moist.
Your Fairies' Favorite Flower has pelleted seeds-a group of five to nine seeds in a clay coat-which is done because the seeds are so tiny. Your plants will grow bushy and lush provided you give them bright light and keep the soil moist. These plants also like cool temperatures and will wilt in heat.