Actual Product Dimensions:
" x 3.9" x 5.2 "
Each Complete Kit Includes:
Venus Fly Trap Seeds (Dionaea muscipula)
Premium Sprouting Mixture
Instructions and Information Sheet
Grow your own feared and famous meat-eating plants. This kit features the infamous Venus Fly Trap. The leaves of a Venus Fly Trap are covered with fine hairs. When an insect lands on the plant, the pressure on these hairs causes the jaw-like foliage to snap closed, trapping the insect inside. Watch these fascinating plants grow from harmless seeds into vicious bug-eating monsters. Safe for ages 4 and up!
Planting Instructions for Fly Trap Fiends:
1. Pour soil into terra-cotta planter
2. Add one tablespoon of distilled water and blend with soil
3. Press soil smooth
4. Place seeds on top, push into soil about 1/8 inch, and cover with soil
5. Add about ½ - 1 tablespoon of distilled water
so the soil is moist but not saturated
6. Place on windowsill with an eastern or southern exposure
7. Check soil every two weeks to make sure that it is evenly moist
8. Your Venus Fly Trap will start sprouting in one to three months
9. Be sure to keep the soil evenly moist and leave the top on as long as possible
10. Visit the website www.flytrapfiends.com for additional information, including over-wintering
Leaves on some plants die after several weeks; dead leaves should be removed. It is best to water your carnivorous plants with rainwater or distilled water. Carnivorous plants are perennials and need a dormant period each year. When they die back, remove the dead foliage and place plant in refrigerator for two months uncovered. Water only once every three weeks when dormant. When you remove, add water and place back in terrarium in indirect sunlight. If you do not feed your plants flies, fertilize them in the spring when new growth begins to appear.