Grow your own fast growing pine tree today. The selected pine sprouts quickly, is easy to grow, and can be transplanted outside in most climates! Austrian Pines are a vital part of their environmental community, and function as windbreaks, borders, and wildlife habitats. Austrian Pines are known for their long, stiff needles, dark green color, and their fast growth rate. Get your tree growing today! Safe for ages 4 and up!
1. Pour soil into terra-cotta planter
2. Add one or two tablespoons of water, and blend with soil until saturated
3. Press soil smooth
4. Sprinkle the seeds on top of the germination mixture and press down on them lightly
5. Add about ½ tablespoon of water if necessary
6. Screw clear terrarium lid into place
7. Place on windowsill
8. Your Austrian Pines will start sprouting in one to two weeks.
9. Place the terrarium in a southern or eastern exposure
10. Make sure the soil is moist every couple of weeks
11. After removing the top, be sure to keep your plant moist as they will dry out very easily.
Austrian Pines are used as windbreaks. These trees are very urban tolerant and salt resistant. Many animals make their home in Austrian Pines. Austrian Pines are pyramidal when young and become flat topped with age. Soak seeds for about 4 hours or rub them with sandpaper to speed germination. These trees are also known as Black Pines and are very popular Christmas trees.