Actual Product Dimensions:
" x 3.9" x 5.2 "
Each Complete Kit Includes:
Pitcher Plant Seeds (Sarracenia minor)
Premium Sprouting Mixture
Instructions and Information Sheet
Watch these fascinating plants grow from harmless seeds into vicious bug-eating monsters. The colorful veins and scented nectar of the pitcher plant leads crawling insects up the outside of the tube. When the bug lands on the tube-like leaves, the insects lose their traction (nectar is very slippery) and they fall, becoming trapped at the bottom. Safe for ages 4 and up!
1. Pour soil into terra-cotta planter
2. Add one tablespoon of distilled water and blend with soil
3. Press soil smooth
4. Place seeds on top, push into soil about 1/8 inch, and cover with soil
5. Add about ½ - 1 tablespoon of distilled water
so the soil is moist
6. Place in refrigerator with top on for six weeks, check to make sure the soil is evenly moist on a weekly basis.
7. Remove from refrigerator and add one tablespoon of distilled water; be sure that soil is evenly moist and not saturated.
8. Place on windowsill with an eastern or southern exposure
9. Your Pitcher Plants will start sprouting in one to three months
10. Be sure to keep the soil evenly moist and leave the top on as long as possible
11. Visit the website www.pitcherplantpredators.com for additional information, including over-wintering
Leaves on some plants die after several weeks; dead leaves should be removed. It is best to water your carnivorous plants with rainwater or distilled water. Carnivorous plants are perennials and need a dormant period each year. When they die back, remove the dead foliage and place plant in refrigerator for two months uncovered. Water only once every three weeks when dormant. When you remove, add water and place back in terrarium in indirect sunlight. If you do not feed your plants flies, fertilize them in the spring when new growth begins to appear.