This amazing plant will sprout in only a few days! Watch in amazement as the Rocket Plant speeds through its life cycle. This extraordinary plant will grow, flower, and produce seeds of its own within two months of sprouting. Rocket plants are easy to grow, thrive in sunlight, and like lots of water. Before you know it they will reward you with colorful yellow flowers! Rocket Plants have both medicinal and culinary value useful to man in the past and present. Safe for ages 4 and up!
1. Pour soil into terra-cotta planter
2. Add one or two tablespoons of water, and blend with soil until saturated
3. Press soil smooth
4. Sprinkle the seeds on top of the germination mixture and press down on them lightly
5. Add about ½ tablespoon of water if necessary
6. Screw clear terrarium lid into place
7. Place on windowsill
8. Your Rocket Plants will start sprouting in three days.
9. Place the terrarium in a southern or eastern exposure
10. Make sure the soil is moist every couple of weeks
11. After removing the top, be sure to keep your plant moist as they will dry out very easily.
The leaves of this plant are edible. The seeds are used to aid in digestion and in fending off coughs and colds. Rocket Plants are related to cabbages and kale. There are many nutritional properties found in the Rocket Plant including Vitamin A, B, and C, and calcium. Mustard seeds are important spices in many regional cuisines. Mustard seeds have been suggested as a possible source of biodiesel.